Our address is: Pääjärventie 320, 16900 LAMMI. See map.
Coordinates: N 61° 3' 13,885", E 25° 2' 30,375" (WGS 84)
Arriving by car
Lammi Biological Station (LBS) is 4 km from the centre of Lammi and 2 km from Highway 12. A route from the highway to LBS is indicated by the road sign “Biologinen asema 2".
When coming from Helsinki by public transport, it is usually best to come by bus or train to Lahti or Hämeenlinna, and continue by bus to Lammi.
- Train time tables
- Bus time tables for local buses that stop at Lammi linja-autoasema and Pääjärventie L and I
- Bus time tables for Lammi Kirkkokallio stop and express buses that stop at Lammi linja-autoasema
There are three possible bus stops to get off at when coming to Lammi:
- ‘Biologinen asema th (Hämeenlinna)’ is at the intersection of Highway 12 and Pääjärventie, and is 2 km the Station.
- Lammi Kirkkokallio (Hämeenlinna) is about 3 km from the Station on highway 12. This stop is often the best option when coming on the weekend.
- Lammi linja-autoasema (Hämeenlinna) is in the center of Lammi and is about 4 km from the Station.
John Loehr is LBA's research coordinator
Tiina Tulonen is LBA's laboratory coordinator
Niko Nappu is coordinator for the University of Helsinki's HiLIFE research stations
Jussi Huotari is a project coordinator
Suvi Ikonen is coordinator for butterfly and salmon research
Jussi Vilen is LBA's research technician
Pekka Jokela is LBA's salmon research technician
Riitta Ilola is LBA's laboratory technician
Jaakko Vainionpää is LBA's laboratory technician