The position is fixed-term for three years at the University of Helsinki, preferably starting on February 1st, 2019.
The appointee’s main duties will consist of conducting joint research within team 1 and with other ANEE members and carrying out an own research project related to ANEE’s research topics. Teaching or teaching-related tasks will make up 5 % of the position. The focal points of team 1’s future research is listed below to help applicants design their own research projects:
- Elite identity in the Assyrian / Babylonian / Persian Empire
- Local elites and identities in marginalising regions
- Social network analysis of elite and local communities
- Concepts and perceptions of “us” and “them” in Akkadian texts
- Language technological analysis of Akkadian texts
Applications are to be sent in by January 7th, 2019 using the University of Helsinki Recruitment portal. Link to portal, full details, and requirements for applications are listed in the call for applications.