We bring together our members to participate in:
- twin talks to bring together researchers from different disciplines to debate issues around a common theme
- pluriconferences exploring key Africa-related research questions across regions and disciplines
- platforms for academic exchange across disciplines and career stages in order to develop research cultures on Africa
- funding clinics to catalyst and facilitate future collaboration
- film and art screenings and cultural events to explore alternative modes of knowledge production and dissemination
Do you want to be part of this new and exciting forum?
All researchers, including early career researchers (doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers) and research and/or teaching staff at the University of Helsinki can become full members. Researchers based at other Finnish universities and members of the general public can become associate members.
Become a member by filling out the Google Form here!
- Chair: Friederike Lüpke
- Deputy chair: Gutu Wayessa
- Steering group members: Mulki Al-Sharmani, Elina Oinas, Tuulikki Pietilä, Matti Pohjonen, Hanna Posti-Ahokas, Auli Vähäkangas, Sai Väyrynen