INEQ – Helsinki Inequality Initiative brings together academics whose work enhances understanding of causes and consequences of intersecting inequalities. INEQ is a strategic, multidisciplinary research initiative of the University of Helsinki. It brings together scholars from different strands of social sciences and humanities, posing interrelated questions of recognition, representation and responsibility. INEQ is funded by the Academy of Finland profiling action, and by the joint effort of Faculty of Social Sciences, the Faculty of Law, the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Theology, the Faculty of Educational Sciences, the Faculty of Science, and the Faculty of Medicine, as well and the Swedish School of Social Science.
INEQ affiliate scholars join the growing, internationally networked research community of scholars at University of Helsinki. The membership is freely open for all Helsinki University scholars who have completed the Doctoral Degree or are members of the Helsinki University based doctoral programs and work with projects, issues and questions related to social and cultural inequalities and their consequences. INEQ is multidisciplinary, cross-faculty initiative that aims for methodological diversity and welcomes different theoretical approaches.
INEQ affiliate scholars will be able to
- identify with the Initiative with a double affiliation (e.g. Risto Kunelius, Professor, Faculty of Social Sciences, Affiliate scholar, Helsinki Inequality Initiative)
- fully participate in the new interdisciplinary research community and its activities
- apply for fellowship and visitors’ program and seed funding
- benefit from the contacts both nationally and internationally
CRITERIA FOR INEQ AFFILIATE SCHOLARS
- A doctoral degree and affiliation University of Helsinki OR
- A membership in a doctoral program of the University of Helsinki
- Ongoing research interest on inequality studies
- Plans for future research work, project and application in the field of inequality research
- Evidence of past and ongoing research (publications)
Apply for an INEQ affiliate scholarship online by 27 May 2019 via E-lomake-service.
The affiliate scholars will be notified about the acceptance with some further instructions to join the INEQ community and its activities. The affiliates will be automatically added to the INEQ mailing list and research community in Tuhat (where affiliates can select which of their activities are labelled as an part of the work of the INEQ community).
Thank you for joining us! Feel free to circulate the invitation!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Contact information can be found on our website. The office of the Inequality Initiative is located in Porthania, 5th floor (on the corridor of Faculty of Law).