Institute of Biotechnology is an inclusive, curiosity-driven community of about 240 research & teaching staff, specialist & support staff, and students. We provide a supportive environment, mentoring, and training to launch and nurture the careers of gifted early-career bioscientists.
We are located at the Viikki Life Science Campus in Helsinki. We offer exciting positions at all levels of one’s research training and career. As a member of one of our groups, you will be part of an international team. Our working language is English, and we adhere to our Code of Conduct in our daily work. The three research programs organize scientific and social activities for the staff. Our joint BIweekly seminar series is the focal point of our entire research community.
Director and vice-director
Research program directors
Executive assistant to Director
Scientific Advisory Board
Institute of Biotechnology SAB for the term 1 January 2023 – 31 December 2026:
- Professor Poul Nissen, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Professor Anne Spang, University of Basel, Switzerland
- Professor Marja Jäättelä, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Professor Olivier Pourquie, Harvard University, US
- Professor Miltos Tsiantis, Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Germany
- Associate Professor Pedro Beltrao, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Professor Karla Neugebauer, Yale School of Medicine, US
- Professor Jan Skotheim, Stanford University, US