Why should you consider this?
Practical research training during undergraduate (BSc, MSc & Lic) studies can be an empowering experience. We want to encourage this by offering students an opportunity to conduct a research training period in any top research university e.g. as part of their optional studies (BSc) or Master’s thesis.
The HiLIFE Research Trainee Scholarships will provide generous financial support (up to €2000/month + travel costs) for three (BSc, Msc & Lic) or six (MSc) month training periods.
This programme is open to all undergraduate students studying life sciences at the University of Helsinki. Life Science faculties at the University of Helsinki are:
- Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry
- Faculty of Biological and Environmental Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Grades (transcript of studies)
- Prior research experience (beneficial, but not obligatory)
- Motivation letter, in which you propose one research group and justify why internship in this group would be valuable.
- Interview by the selection committee (for shortlisted students)
- Application period 14 – 28 January 2019
- Interviews in February
- Selected students apply to the chosen research group (February - March)
- Internship must be started by October 2019
More information and application instructions:
Instructions for students - HiLIFE research trainee scholarships
Wednesday, 16 January 2019 at 15.00–16.00 in Viikki Biocenter 1, room 1401 (Oppimiskeskus).
firstname.lastname@example.org Please write "HiLIFE research trainee scholarship" in the subject field
"Life comes with a limited number of opportunities. This is one of them. Don’t miss it."