The postdoctoral fellowship in the arts aims to develop new forms of cooperation and dialogue between art and scholarship. The postdoctoral researchers in the arts are appointed through a highly selective international competition. Applications for the position of the postdoctoral researcher in the arts are invited once a year in the fall through a general application procedure.
The fall 2018 fellowship call for 2019-2020 is now open (from August 23 to September 13, 4 pm).
2019 Application procedure:
Link to the electronic application form: https://aava.it.helsinki.fi/aava/collegium/arts
Linkki hakulomakkeeseen: https://aava.it.helsinki.fi/aava/collegium/arts
For further information on the application procedure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The postdoctoral fellowship in the arts programme is funded by the Kone Foundation.
- Matthias de Groof: "Audiovisual Work and Book Publication on the Iconography of Patrice Lumumba in the Arts"
- David Ashley Kerr: "I’ll Be Your Mirror: The Performed Gaze in Contemporary Photomedia Art"
- Tero Nauha: “Non-standard Performance: body and performance in conjunction with the posthumanist philosophy and artistic research”
- Annette Arlander: “Performing with plants”
- Esthir Lemi: “The Parenthetical Window: Performing in a full Multimodal Artificial Environment adapted to the Circadian Rhythm”
- Maija Timonen: “The Defrosted Father - Vicissitudes of Family in Economic Crisis”
- Lea Kantonen: “Performing the Multilingual Museum: Collaborative Planning and Documentation”
- Taina Riikonen: “Philosopher’s voice as Experimental Radiophony"
Members of the evaluation Panel:
Paulo de Assis (Orpheus Instituut, Belgium)
Gertrud Sandqvist (Malmö Art Academy)