The Faculty of Social Sciences offers a multidisciplinary, high-quality research environment for researchers applying for competitive research funding.
If you plan to apply for funding for a research post as Academy Postdoctoral Researcher or Academy Research Fellow, please contact the head of the academic discipline or research unit most relevant for your research project in good time before the call’s deadline.
When you have got a recommendation from the discipline or research unit, you can ask for the commitment of the Faculty of Social Sciences from the vice-dean for academic disciplines or the vice-dean for research units. The commitment has to be requested no later than two weeks before the call’s deadline. The vice-dean will also connect you to project accountants, who can help you with administrative and practical matters, including your project budget.
The Faculty’s academic disciplines and research units and their contact persons:
Head of academic discipline division: vice-dean Juri Mykkänen
- Development studies: university lecturer Eija Ranta
- Practical philosophy: university researcher Mikko Salmela
- Political history: professor Kimmo Rentola
- Social and cultural anthropology: professor Sirpa Tenhunen
- Social psychology: professor Inga Jasinskaja-Lahti
- Social work: professor Maritta Törrönen
- Sociology: professor Ilkka Arminen
- Economic and social history: professor Jari Eloranta
- Economics: professor Antti Ripatti
- Media and communication studies: professor Esa Väliverronen
- Political science: professor Johanna Jääsaari
- Social and public policy: university lecturer Anu Katainen
Head of research unit division: vice-dean Petri Ylikoski
- Centre for European Studies: professor, research director Juhana Aunesluoma
- Centre for Consumer Society Research: director Päivi Timonen
- Institute of Criminology and Legal Policy: director Tapio Lappi-Seppälä
- Centre for Research Methods and Social Statistics: professor Mikko Myrskylä
- Helsinki Graduate School of Economics: deputy director Hannu Vartiainen