Support for public engagement
At the Faculty of Medicine, public discussion and engagement are an integral part of operations. A range of collaboration forms support related operational development.
In spring 2018, the dean of the Faculty of Medicine established a working group for public engagement and communication. Together with Faculty leadership, the working group promotes and develops public engagement and stakeholder collaboration in accordance with the Faculty’s implementation plan. The working group also supports the strategic planning and implementation of Faculty communication.
- Kari Reijula, vice-dean for public engagement, professor
- Liina Nelimarkka, head of communications
- Anu Kantele, professor
- Anu-Katriina Pesonen, professor
- Janne Backman, professor
- Kirsi Pietiläinen, professor
- Maria Hollmén, clinical instructor
- Otto Helve, research director
- Satu Saalasti, university lecturer
- Terhi Karaharju-Suvanto, university lecturer
- Student member: Matias Posa (LKS, the association for students of medicine at the University of Helsinki)
- Student member: Emma Hakonen (Kompleksi, the association for students of psychology at the University of Helsinki)