Address: Department of Mathemetics and Statisfics, P.O. Box 68 (Gustaf Hällströmin katu 2b), FI-00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Email: pekka.pankka 'at' helsinki.fi
Spring 2019: Topologia Ia & Ib
Spring 2018: Topologia Ia & Ib
Fall 2016: Topologia Ia
Fall 2015 (Jyväskylä): Degree theory and Branched covers
[Lecture notes from 2017
Fall 2014 (Jyväskylä): Perusryhmä ja peiteavaruus
Fall 2013 (Jyväskylä): Introduction to de Rham cohomology
- Uniform cohomological expansion of uniformly quasiregular mappings (with Ilmari Kangasniemi). PLMS (to appear) [arXiv:1708.01451]
- Topologically nontrivial counterexamples to Sard's theorem (with Paweł Goldstein and Piotr Hajłasz ). IMRN, rny179, 2018 [arXiv:1804.07658]
- Free vs. Locally Free Kleinian Groups (with Juan Souto). J. Reine Angew. Math. (to appear) [arXiv:1506.00156]
- Local monodromy of branched covers and dimension of the branch set (with Martina Aaltonen). Ann. Acad. Sci. Fenn. 42, 2017 [arXiv:1509.06617]
- Quasiconformal non-parametrizability of almost smooth spheres (with Vyron Vellis). Selecta Math. 23(2), 2017 [arXiv:1505.05293]
- Rigidity of extremal quasiregularly elliptic manifolds (with Rami Luisto). Groups Geom. Dyn. 10(2), 2016 [arXiv:1307.7940]
- Sharpness of Rickman's Picard theorem in all dimensions (with David Drasin). Acta Math. 214(2), 2015. [arXiv:1304.6998] [slides]
- Rescaling principle for isolated essential singularities of quasiregular mappings (with Yûsuke Okuyama). Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 143, 2015. [arXiv:1211.2977]
- Quasiregular ellipticity of open and generalized manifolds (with Kai Rajala and Jang-Mei Wu). Comput. Methods Funct. Theory 14, 2-3 (Gehring Memorial Volume), 2014. [arXiv:1310.8595]
- Geometry and quasisymmetric parametrization of Semmes spaces (with Jang-Mei Wu). Rev. Mat. Iberoameracana 30(3), 2014. [arXiv:1111.2197]
- Equilibrium measures for uniformly quasiregular dynamics (with Yûsuke Okuyama). J. London Math. Soc. 89(2), 2014. [arXiv:1204.6503]
- Distributional limits of Riemannian manifolds and graphs with sublinear genus growth (with Hossein Namazi and Juan Souto). Geom. Funct. Anal. 24(1), 2014. [arXiv:1208.2130]
- Closed BLD-elliptic manifolds have virtually Abelian fundamental groups (with Enrico Le Donne). New York J. Math. 20, 2014. [arXiv:1312.1308]
- Accumulation of periodic points for local uniformly quasiregular mappings (with Yûsuke Okuyama). In RIMS Kôkyûroku Bessatsu B43, 2013. [arXiv:1306.3298]
- On the non-existence of certain branched covers (with Juan Souto). Geometry & Topology 16, 2012. [arXiv:1008.1694] PDF
- Slow mappings of finite distortion (with Jani Onninen). Math. Ann. 354 (2), 2012. PDF
- Quasiregularly elliptic link complements (with Kai Rajala). Geom. Dedicata 154 (1), 2011. PDF
- Quasiconformal extension fields (with Kai Rajala). Calc. Var. Partial Differential Equations 42(1-2), 2011.
- Mappings of bounded mean distortion and cohomology. Geom. Funct. Anal. 20(1), 2010. PDF
- Quasiconformal frames (with Juha Heinonen and Kai Rajala). Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal. 196(3), 2010. PDF
- Sharp exponential integrability for traces of monotone Sobolev functions (with Pietro Poggi-Corradini and Kai Rajala). Nagoya Math. Jour. 192, 2009. [arXiv:math.AP/072332]
- Slow quasiregular mappings and universal coverings. Duke Math. J. 141(2), 2008.
- p-Laplace operator, quasiregular mappings, and Picard-type theorems (with Ilkka Holopainen). In Quasiconformal Mappings and their Applications, 2007, pp. 117-150. PS   PDF
- Quasiregular mappings from a punctured ball into compact manifolds. Conform. Geom. Dyn. 10, 2006.
- A big Picard theorem for quasiregular mappings into manifolds with many ends (with Ilkka Holopainen). Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 133, 2005.
- Mappings of finite distortion: Global homeomorphism theorem (with Ilkka Holopainen). Ann. Acad. Sci. Fenn. Ser. A I Math. 29, 2004.
- Mappings of finite distortion and weighted parabolicity. In Future trends in geometric function theory (D. Herron, eds.), Rep. Univ. Jyväskylä Dept. Math. Stat. 92, 2003. PS   PDF
- Global behavior of quasiregular mappings and mappings of finite distortion under parabolic assumptions on spaces. Dissertation, University of Helsinki, 2005. PDF
- Six hours on quasiregular mappings. Lecture notes, April 2014. PDF
- Erään esimerkin tarina. Arkhimedes (in Finnish, to appear). PDF
Geometry in May University of Helsinki, May 2-3, 2017.
Quasiweekend 2 - ten years after University of Helsinki, December 10-13, 2015.
A quasiconformal life: Celebration of the legacy and work of F.W.Gehring University of Helsinki, August 11-12, 2013.
XXII Rolf Nevanlinna Colloquium 2013 University of Helsinki, August 5-9, 2013
Quasiconformal Mappings and Analysis on Metric Spaces
Finnish Mathematical Society