Here are some answers from the ISEW Academic Affairs 2015 participants to our question:
The reasons for choosing the University of Helsinki / Finland?
- It was specifically for the academic affairs staff, besides, I heard the best recommendations about the ISEW weeks at UH
- Relevancy of the theme of the exchange week, student support, staff development and educational technology.
- Finland is well known for the quality of the education system. The University of Helsinki is consistently in the highest rankings and I was interested to see how things work there.
What was the best experience during the ISEW Academic Affair s2014 in Helsinki?
- The chance to spend a day at the department most relevant to my own. The evening meal and sauna was great fun. It was great meeting so many people from across Europe who share similar roles and departments. Also, the opportunity to explore Helsinki. I enjoyed it very much.
- All of it, especially the wide variety of the activities, and of course the library and the sauna.
- Everything was really great. The presentations, the excursions to the special departments, the get-togethers in the evenings - it was a complete great experience that was full with content on fascinating topics at an always great atmosphere.
Any other comments you wish to make?
- Keep up the excellent work that you have done so far! Finland/Helsinki in Christmas time is definitely something to see and I wish a nice holiday season to you all!
- If there is anything at all that might be subject to constructive criticism, or let's rather coin it a proposal for improvement, then the week could maybe benefit from a few more breaks for the exchange with other participants.
After the welcome lunch and a brief introduction the participants spent some time contemplating on Learning environments on various different angels.
Visit to the University Library, Kaisa.
A guided tour to the University museum gave a quick glance to the development of academic life at the University of Helsinki during the past 375 years.
The one and only Father Christmas visited ISEW Academic Affairs 2015 participants during the farewell lunch.
The ISEW Academic Affairs Participant had the opportunity to join the International Evening on Friday evening.