On this page we will provide updated information on the special arrangements at Think Corner in autumn 2020 due to the corona pandemic.
Think Corner opens on 17.8.2020. The entrances at Fabianinkatu and at the corner of Yliopistonkatu and Fabianinkatu are open. The main entrance at Yliopistonkatu is closed.
Instructions for visitors:
- The use of protective face masks is strongly recommended for University community members, visitors and customers when visiting public University premises. Read more about the University's protective face mask recommendation.
- Keep a safe distance (1-2 metres) to others.
- Stay home if not feeling well.
- Wash your hands often and cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- Don't move any furniture and notice the maximum seating capacity at the tables.
- Event services continue to operate in the autumn. Events are organised only at Stage, with a maximum of two events per weekday. The Yliopistonkatu entrance will be closed to avoid passage at Stage.
- Events are advised to be planned primarily as online events. If the situation allows, a limited audience is welcome.
- The maximum number of people is 50 persons with appropriate safety distances, if public events are officially allowed. The Think Corner staff will take care of the furnishing.
- The event organiser is responsible for gathering information on all event attendees in case the need arises to trace infection chains. In addition, the event organiser is responsible for controlling the amount of people at the venue so that it does not exceed the limit.
- The use of protective face masks is strongly recommended when visiting public University premises such as Tiedekulma. Read more about the University's protective face mask recommendation. The event organiser must inform possible audience about the mask recommendation and reserve a mask for every participant or ask participants to bring their own mask.
- Serving food or drinks in open spaces, such as Think Corner, is not allowed.
Other facilities and services at Think Corner:
- Basement, Think Lounge and Fönster are open as studying and working spaces. The number of seats is limited according to the current official instructions.
- The meeting rooms on the second floor are not in use.
- No customer service is available in the facilities. If necessary, the Think Corner hosts can be reached by phone on weekdays from 8 am to 3 pm.
- Tiedekulma Cafe is closed for the time being.
- Think Corner facilities can be used as a shooting location only for University of Helsinki shoots. Think Corner facilities can't be used for commericial shoots by businesses, companies and other parties.