All students, both current and former ones, can receive an official transcript of the credits completed at the University of Helsinki. Within the University the unofficial transcript, is also accepted. You can order the unofficial transcript through the WebOodi information system.

A certificate of student status, i.e. a study certificate, is also available at the Student Services. The degree diploma is issued by the faculty, read more in the section Information on studies and degrees.

Official transcript free of charge

If you are an attending student, including exchange and JOO students as well as those students who have a valid separate or Open University right to study, you can receive one official transcript per term, issued in Finnish, Swedish or English, free of charge from the Student Services. You can also order a transcript to be sent via mail, see the instructions below.

Exchange and visiting students: Do not forget to check that you have all of your courses registered before you take the free official transcript. You can see your credits in real-time in WebOodi. If the transcript is not complete and there are courses missing, please contact the department that arranged the course. Normally courses should be registered within two months at the latest. For additional transcripts, you have to pay a fee. More detailed information on how to obtain a the free transcript once you have returned home is available here.

Official transcripts for a fee

All students who have completed studies at the University of Helsinki can get official transcripts for a fee.

The fees for the transcript are:

  • 4,00 euro/transcript when picking up the transcript in person or when the transcript is sent by mail within Finland
  • 8,00 euro/transcript when the transcript is sent by mail outside of Finland.

You cannot pay the fee in cash at the Student Services; it has to be paid in advance. You have to present the receipt of the payment when you pick up the transcript. If you order the transcript to be sent by mail, you have to attach the receipt to your order.

If you want to pay in cash or by debit or credit card or with a student card, you can do so at the following Unicafe service points:

  • In the city center: the Unicafe in the main building, the café (Fabianinkatu 33)
  • In Kumpula: Unicafe Physicum (Gustaf Hällströmin katu 2)
  • In Viiki Unicafe Biokeskus 1, the café (Viikinkaari 9).

You can also pay the fee by a bank transfer in any bank. If you use an ATM (maksuautomaatti, maksut) or Internet banking to pay, be sure to enter the following information:
name of the recipient: University of Helsinki
account number: Nordea FI23 1660 3000 0777 20
reference number: 99105000.

If you pay from abroad, the bank transfer information is the following:
name of recipient: University of Helsinki
bank: Nordea, Aleksis Kiven katu 3-5, FI-00020 Nordea, Finland
IBAN: FI2316603000077720
Swift code: NDEAFIHH.

To order a transcript to be sent by mail

You can order the transcript to be sent to you or your home institution.
Please send an email to the Student Services containing the following information:

  • your name
  • your student number or your date of birth
  • the post address, where you want the transcript sent
  • in which language you want the transcript (Finnish, Swedish, English)
  • how many transcripts you want
  • if you are sending the transcript abroad: does the transcript have to be in a sealed envelope.

You also have to remember to attach the receipt of the payment to the order unless the transcript is free of charge.

NB! If a representative picks up your transcript, he/she has to present a power of attorney.

You can obtain an official transcript on paper only. If needed, we can send a copy by e-mail, the copy is not an official document. Please note that e-mail is not a secure connection.