The TreesForDev project is only recently underway, thus we do not yet have publications specifically related to the project. However, our research team has written extensively on tree plantations, agroforestry, the implications of extractivism, and the impact of transformative alternatives. Please see below for some highlights of the Team's contributions.
Project researchers in bold.
- Ehrnström-Fuentes, M., and Böhm, S. (2022). The Political Ontology of Corporate Social Responsibility: Obscuring the Pluriverse in Place. Journal of Business Ethics.
- Ehrnström‐Fuentes, M. (2016). Delinking legitimacies: A pluriversal perspective on political CSR. Journal of Management Studies, 53 (3): 433–462.
- Ehrnström-Fuentes, M. (2015). Production of absence through media representation: A case study on legitimacy and deliberation of a pulp mill dispute in southern Chile. Geoforum, 59: 51–62.
- Ehrnström-Fuentes, M., & Kröger, M. (2018). Birthing extractivism: The role of the state in forestry politics and development in Uruguay. Journal of Rural Studies, 57: 197–208.
- Ehrnström-Fuentes, M. & Kröger, M. (2017). In the Shadows of Social License to Operate: Untold Investment Grievances in Latin America. Journal of Cleaner Production, 141, 346-358.
- Kleinschmit, D., Blum, M., Brockhaus, M., Karambiri, M., Kröger, M., Ramcilovic-Suominen, S., & Reinecke, S. (2023). "3: Key Logics of International Forest Governance and SDG 15". In The Environment in Global Sustainability Governance. Bristol, UK: Bristol University Press.
- Kröger, M. (2021). Studying Complex Interactions and Outcomes Through Qualitative Comparative Analysis: A Practical Guide to Comparative Case Studies and Ethnographic Data Analysis. New York: Routledge.
- Kröger, M. (2016). The political economy of ‘flex trees’: a preliminary analysis. Journal of Peasant Studies, 43, 886-909.
- Kröger, M. (2014). The political economy of global tree plantation expansion: a review. Journal of Peasant Studies, vol 41, no. 2, pp. 235-61.
- Kröger, M. (2013). Contentious Agency and Natural Resource Politics. London: Routledge.
- Ollinaho, O. & Kröger, M. (2021). Agroforestry transitions: The good, the bad and the ugly. Journal of Rural Studies, vol. 82, pp. 210-221.