Facilities and equipment
The facilities of the team have been thoroughly renovated and expanded in the years 2014-2016 and are state-of-the-art for providing high-class research for nuclear waste management.
The facilities and equipment include:
- Two supervised laboratories (C-type) and one controlled laboratory (B-type) (BSS Directive 2013/59/EURATOM)
- Germanium gamma spectrometers
- NaI gamma counters
- Alpha spectrometers
- Liquid scintillation counters
- UV/VIS spectrometer
- He gas diffusion and permeability
- Digital autoradiography (FLA)
- Electronic autoradiography (BeaverTM)
- FE-SEM/EDAX and FIB-SEM/EDAX
- LA-ICP-MS and ICP-OES
- Ar gas pycnometer
- Optical microscopes
For more information about our facilities and equipment, contact Marja Siitari-Kauppi.
- Alpha measurement chambers
- Glove box
- Clipper CM501 Masonry Saw for sawing rocks, concrete etc.
- Hidex gamma counter