MitoLink - Interaction and Collaboration Network for MitoScientists
- Is a support network for mitochondrial scientists
- Offers interaction and collaboration opportunities for starting investigators
- Aims at promoting
- Awareness of mitochondrial research by public lectures
- The success of its member groups by joint research projects, publications and funding, and by technical and scientific support.
Biannual meetings at participating universities combined with public mini-symposia.
- Henna Tyynismaa, University of Helsinki
- Eric Dufour, University of Tampere
- Jaakko Pohjoismäki, University of Eastern Finland
- Steffi Goffart, University of Eastern Finland
- Jukka Kallijärvi, Folkhälsan Research Center
- Alexander Kastaniotis, University of Oulu
- Reetta Hinttala, University of Oulu
- Riikka Martikainen, University of Eastern Finland
- Eija Pirinen, University of Helsinki
- Sjoerd Wanrooij, Umea University
- Cory Dunn, University of Helsinki
- Uwe Richter, University of Helsinki
- Tampere, Nov 12-13, 2012
- Joensuu, May 30-31, 2013
- Turku, December 11-12, 2013
- Helsinki, April 14-15, 2014
- Oulu, November 18-19, 2014
- Tartu, April 20-21, 2015
- Helsinki, October 5-8, 2015 (together with Japanese network)
- Stockholm, May 26-27, 2016
- Kuopio, November 14-15, 2016
- Tampere, April 2-3, 2017
- Joensuu, November 6-7, 2017
- Stockholm, May 24-25, 2018
- Helsinki, February 14-15, 2019
- Oulu, November 4-5, 2019
- Gerhold JM, Cansiz-Arda S, Lohmus M, Engberg O, Reyes A, van Rennes H, Sanz A, Holt IJ, Cooper HM, Spelbrink JN: Human Mitochondrial DNA-Protein Complexes Attach to a Cholesterol-Rich Membrane Structure. Sci Rep 5:15292, 2015.
- Scialò F, Sriram A, Fernández-Ayala D, Gubina N, Lõhmus M, Nelson G, Logan A, Cooper HM, Navas P, Enríquez JA, Murphy MP, Sanz A: Mitochondrial ROS Produced via Reverse Electron Transport Extend Animal Lifespan. Cell Metab 23:725-734, 2016.
- Cooper HM, Yang Y, Ylikallio E, Khairullin R, Woldegebriel R, Lin K-L, Euro L, Palin E, Wolf A, Trokovic R, Isohanni P, Kaakkola S, Auranen M, Lönnqvist T, Wanrooij S, Tyynismaa H: ATPase-deficient mitochondrial inner membrane protein ATAD3A disturbs mitochondrial dynamics in dominant hereditary spastic paraplegia. Hum Mol Genet 26:1432-1443, 2017.
- Torregrosa-Muñumer R, Forslund JME, Goffart S, Pfeiffer S, Stojkovič G, Carvalho G, Al-Furoukh N, Blanco L, Wanrooij S, Pohjoismäki JLO: PrimPol is required for replication reinitiation after mtDNA damage. PNAS, in press.