The research group consists of Principal Investigator and research group's internal researchers as well as external researchers.
Head of the research group
In his research he focuses on sustainable food systems, food business and management. His research topics vary from studying industry diversity, competition and firm relatedeness to studying wine supply chain contracting as well as business perfomance and social capital.
- Adjuct Professor at the Univesity of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics & Environmental Sociology
- Member of The InterTran Research Group for Sustainable Law and Business at the University of Helsinki
- Member of the Editorial Board of Journal of Food Products Marketing
- Affiliated Reseacher in Global Value Chains Initiative at Duke University
- Collaborating Researcher in ECOMAS Research Group for Economics, Environment, Sustainability and Tourism at TIDES Institute at the University of Las Palmas Gran Canaria
- Advisory Board Member for the Institute for the Economy for the Common Good
- Network Member of NanoFunDus research network for nanotechnology functionalizaiton for diagnosis and safety in food supply chain and health care
Gaeta, G. L., Ghinoi, S., & Silvestri, F. (2017). Municipal performance in waste recycling: an empirical analysis based on data from the Lombardy region (Italy). Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, 1-16.
- University of Bologna, Department of Agricultural Sciences
- Università "Carlo Cattaneo" - LIUC, Italy
- Università degli Studi di MODENA e REGGIO EMILIA, Italy
Laura Salmivaara currently works at the Department of Economics and Management, University of Helsinki. Laura does research in Social Psychology, Health Economics and Consumer Economics. Their most recent publication is 'Tietojärjestelmän versionvaihdon suunnittelun esiselvitys yrityksessä X.'
Dr. Riccardo De Vita is Head of Department, International Business and
Economics at the University of Greenwich, London. After starting his
career at Universita’ Carlo Cattaneo (LIUC) in Italy, Riccardo moved to
the University of Greenwich in 2009 to join the Center for Business
Network Analysis. Over the years he developed extensive teaching and managerial
experience. He was appointed Head of Department in 2015,
after having successfully led the largest post-graduate programme in the
University. Riccardo employs Social Network Analysis, often in conjunction
with other methodologies, to study organizations and innovation
generation. He is regularly involved in the delivery of methodological
training and commissioned research, which he carries out in
different countries in the world and in collaboration with a wide range
Dr. Waichman is a behavioral economist who is using controlled experiments to study issues mainly related to environmental economics and sustainability as well as to public economics and industrial organization.
Brian Head of Psychology (School of Sport, Health and Social Sciences), Southampton Solent University. He is interested in how our perception of the world and our beliefs about it influence our behaviour. He holds both an undergraduate degree and a PhD in psychology from the University of Reading. He lectured at the University of Wolverhampton for over 10 years before taking up his current position as head of psychology at Southampton Solent University. He has developed and delivers a positive psychology based programme, emphasising the importance of our perceptions, which has been shown to increase psychological wellbeing in the workplace. He also provides consultancy on Q methodology, a factor analysis based technique for identifying common perspectives from participants, which can be effectively employed in evaluation.
Common research interests with the Food Economics and Business Management research group: ecological worldview, evolved psychological mechanisms (biases), dual process model, self-determination theory, automatic/implicit/explicit processing, cultural values, attitudes and subjectivity