The broad aims of the Center of Excellence in Tumor Genetics Reasearch.
- To improve the functional annotation of the noncoding human genome.
- To harness the synergy of the national registry infrastructure to examine the occurrence of cancer in a multifaceted manner, and to derive key materials for molecular studies.
- To generate key omics data sets within the CoE to understand molecular characteristics of tumors and tumor predisposition.
- To functionalize the relevant variants and mutations on genome-scale using published resources and regulatory genomics datasets generated within the CoE.
- To translate the knowledge into impact such as novel approaches in risk prediction, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.