Kivelä's research group consists of undergraduate and graduate students, post-doc, and a PI. Each group member is expected to play an important and equal role in the lab with the aim to be a highly dynamic, motivated, and collaborative group.
Principal Investigator, Research Fellow of the Finnish Academy of Sciences
- BSc in Pharmacy, University of Helsinki, 1997
- MSc in Exercise physiology, University of Jyväskylä, 2001
- PhD, University of Jyväskylä, 2008
- Post doctoral research fellow, Prof. Kari Alitalo's group, University of Helsinki, 2008-2013
- Senior research fellow, Wihuri Research Institute, Helsinki, 2013-2016
- MSc (Econ.) - Turku School of Economics, Finland
- MD - Linköping University, Sweden
- PhD - Pediatrics, Turku University, Finland
- Postdoctoral research fellow, Prof. Euan Ashley Lab, Stanford University CA, 2015-2017
Postdoctoral research fellow, Kivelä Lab, University of Helsinki, 2017-
Research Interests: Genetics of congenital heart disease, Left ventricular outflow tract obstruction (LVOTO) defects, Patient-derived iPS cells in disease modeling, Maternal glucose metabolism and congenital heart defects.
- M.Sc. (Biotechnology), Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden.
- B.Sc. (Biology), Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia.
- Research Interests: Satellite cells, Prox1 transcription factor, Skeletal muscle regeneration, Rhabdomyosarcoma.
Prox1 transcription factor in skeletal muscle
- B. Sc in Gene technology , University of Tartu
Research Interests: Prox1 transcription factor, Skeletal muscle regeneration, Rhabdomyosarcoma.