Doctoral School in Natural Sciences outstanding doctoral dissertation award 2017
The board of the Doctoral School in Natural Sciences has established a doctoral dissertation award programme to recognize and encourage high quality research and writing by doctoral candidates in the school. This year five outstanding dissertations are granted with an award of 1000 euro each. These awards are presented annually.
Each nominated doctoral dissertation must have successfully been defended between October 1st, 2016 and September 30th, 2017 by a candidate who is a member of one of the school’s seven doctoral programmes.
The board of the Doctoral School in Natural Sciences invites nominations from the school’s doctoral programmes. Nominations are limited to two per programme. The winning dissertations are chosen by an awards committee consisting of senior and emeritus professors in natural sciences.
To nominate dissertations, please submit the following documents of the nominees:
- a covering letter by the supervisor of the dissertation work including justification for the nomination,
- the summarising report of the thesis,
- a list of the publications/manuscripts the dissertation based on,
- the dissertation’s E-thesis link,
- the statements of the dissertation pre-reviewers,
- the statement of the defence opponent, and
- the statement of the dissertation grading committee.
The documents are to be submitted by the doctoral programmes as a single pdf file per nominee to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for nominations is October 24th, 2017.