JOINT DSHEALTH CALL FOR DSHEALTH AND UH FUNDS´ TRAVEL GRANTS 2019
CALL PERIOD: applications are invited from January 15th to February 7th, 2019 (3 pm) via the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM (NOTE! DSHealth form is only available in English).
DSHealth doctoral candidates can apply for travel grants from both the Doctoral School and the UH Fund’s at the same time. If the travel grants are applied for two separate travels, please submit one application for each planned travel. If you apply for a travel grant for one planned trip, you may apply for the grant from both the Doctoral School and the UH Fund’s. Please note, only one travel grant will be awarded for a travel.
WHO CAN APPLY?: All DSHealth doctoral candidates can apply for the DSHealth travel grant. Doctoral candidates applying for UH Funds´ travel grants must fulfill all specific criteria determined by the UH Funds.
PURPOSE OF THE TRAVEL GRANTS
The grants can be applied for scientific conferences & courses and research visits. Please see the doctoral programme specific guidelines: the purpose of the grants vary depending on the doctoral programme:
DP in Biomedicine
DP Brain & Mind
DP in Clinical research
DP in Clinical Veterinary Medicine
DP in Drug Research
DP in Integrative Life Science
DP in Oral Sciences
DP in Population Health
- In case of conferences, either an oral or poster (1st author) presentation is required
- The grants are allocated based on the relevance of the conference for the applicant
- The grants are allocated based on the relevance of the course for the applicant
- After closing the call, potential grantees will be contacted by e-mail and asked for the invitation letter of the hosting laboratory/research group
- In case of visits to potential post doc laboratories, it is highly recommended that the applicant is planning to visit more than one laboratory during the same trip
AMOUNT OF THE GRANT
- Scientific courses & conferences: max. 800 € for a trip within Europe, and max. 1500 € for a trip overseas
- Research visits max. 1500 €/trip
- To be eligible in the call, the applicant must:
o be affiliated with a DSHealth Doctoral Programme
o be registered at UH for the academic year 2018-2019.
o UH Funds´ call: fulfill the specific criteria determined by the UH Funds (see below)
- Max. 1 UH Funds' travel grant and max. 1 DSHealth travel grant can be awarded to a DSHealth doctoral candidate/year
- If there are no special grounds, the travel grant is to be used for the travel for which it has been applied, and for which it has been awarded
- The travels are made following the University of Helsinki instructions for travel (see Flamma for details)
- All applications will be reviewed after the call deadline
- Late submissions will not be considered
FURTHER INFORMATION: Please contact dshealth-services-at-helsinki.fi
UH FUNDS PROVIDING TRAVEL GRANTS IN DSHealth IN 2019 ARE:
- Medicine Fund (in total 49 400 euros)
- Jubilee Fund (6 460 euros)
The Medicine Fund
Number of grants: not specified (49 400 euro in total for DSHealth)
For what purpose? Travel grants for doctoral candidates at the Faculty of Medicine
Grants will be awarded within the following focus areas of research:
- oncology (in total 9 000 euros);
- pulmonary diseases (in total 3 800 euros);
- medical genetics (in total 4 400 euros);
- child psychiatry (in total 4 700 euros);
- odontology (in total 700 euros);
- memory disorders (in total 13 900 euros from the Tauno Virtanen Fund);
- neuropathology, gynecology , surgery and research in medicine without a specifically defined focus area (in total 12 000 euros)
In addition 5 000 euros for odontology from the Risto Eemil Juhani Simons Fund.
The Jubilee Fund
Number of grants: not specified (6 460 euros)
For what purpose? The travel grants are for doctoral studies abroad.
The travel grants are awarded for trips beginning on 1.1.2019 or later.