DPDR travel grants
The Doctoral Programme in Drug Research (DPDR) receives operational funds from the Doctoral School in Health Sciences. The below outlined travel grants are dependent on the annual funding and the economics permitting this support. The travel grants available via DPDR are:
Chancellor´s travel grants for atttending international meetings or courses relevant to the research topic and DPDR travel grants for research visits abroad, and for participating in scientific courses and meetings in Finland.
All grantees are required to provide a report by e-form of how the grant was used within 2 months of the trip.
1. CHANCELLOR'S TRAVEL GRANT FOR DOCTORAL CANDIDATES IN DPDR
Next call for DSHealth travel grants (both Chancellor´s & UH Funds´ travel grants) is from January 15th to February 7th, 2019.
Amount of the Chancellor´s travel grant
The Chancellor´s travel grant for DPDR doctoral candidates can be applied for travelling to international scientific conferences or practical courses. The annual travel grant per doctoral candidate for attending a scientific conference or a practical course is max. 800 € for a trip within Europe and 1500 € for a trip to a non-European country.
Use of the Chancellor´s travel grant
The Chancellor’s travel grant can be used to cover travel costs, such as transportation, accommodation and registrations fees.
Purpose the Chancellor´s travel grant
The Chancellor’s travel grant can be applied for attending an international conference or practical course. In the case of conferences either an oral or poster (1st author/equal contribution) presentation is required. The grant is allocated on the basis of the relevance of the course or meeting for the applicant.
The main criterion for receiving the Chancellor’s travel grant for attending an international meeting is a talk or a poster (note! 1st author/equal contribution).
- The grant can be awarded only to applicants of the doctoral programme who have registered at UH for the academic year 2018-2019.
- Doctoral candidates in the DPDR can receive a maximum one Chancellor´s travel grant per year
- The grant cannot be applied for a trip that has already been completed before January 15th, 2019.
- All grantees are required to provide a report by e-form of how the grant was used within 2 months of the trip.
If there are no special grounds, the travel grant has to be used for the travel for which it has been applied, and for which it has been awarded. The travels are made following the University of Helsinki instructions for travel. Detailed travel instructions can be found in Flamma.
All applications for the call period will be reviewed after the deadline. Please note, that late submissions will not be considered.
Applications form (link will be open to the form in Aava closer to the call).
2. Travel Grants for International Research Visits for Doctoral Candidates in DPDR
DPDR doctoral candidates have also the opportunity to apply for travel grants for international research visits from the doctoral programme. The travel grant for research visits provides support for international visits of varying lengths (min 2 weeks ) as well as post-doc interviews abroad. The amount of support depends on the length of the stay and the destination and is max. 1500 €. The travel grant can be used to cover travel costs, such as transportation, accommodation and registrations fees.
For research visits emphasis is given to the benefit of the visit for the progress of the thesis work.
1. Remember to supplement the application with a short letter of invitation from the hosting research group. 2. Please remind your supervisor to send a recommendation letter for your reserch visit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications via e-form: https://elomake.helsinki.fi/lomakkeet/87150/lomake.html