The date and time when registration for a particular course opens in WebOodi is given in the course announcement. Once the call is opened a deadline for registrations is given. Usually the call for applications opens approximately one month and closes approximately two weeks before the course starts. These are only guidelines – always check the deadlines for the course you are interested in! Please follow your email and the doctoral programme homepages to stay up-to-date on courses.
Courses and events
The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry are members of the NOVA (The Nordic Forestry, Veterinary and Agricultural University Network). Students of members faculties may participate on NOVA courses free of charge (travel and accommodation not included).
NorDoc – Nordic Doctoral Training in Health Sciences network provides doctoral training courses in health offered by the NorDoc partner organisations:
- Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University (Denmark)
- Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Bergen (Norway)
- The Graduate School of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Sahlgrenska Akademin, University of Gothenburg (Sweden)
- Doctoral School in Health Sciences, University of Helsinki (Finland)
- School of Health Sciences, University of Iceland (Iceland)
- Karolinska Institutet (Sweden)
- Health and Biosciences Doctoral Programme, University of Oulu (Finland)
- Graduate School of Health Sciences, University of Southern Denmark (NOT AVAILABLE YET)
- Faculty of Medicine Postgraduate Education Unit (PGE), University of Turku
See national course list, for example, in FinBioNet page (→ FinBioNet course calendar).
Training offered by DSHealth (Doctoral school in Health Sciences)
Courses offered by the Doctoral School in Health Sciences teach skills necessary for all professional researchers and experts in other scientific positions regardless of their scientific background. Please refer to the DSHealth doctoral school website for the most recent information on available courses.
It is also advisable that all CVM students join the DSHealth mailing list to stay up-to-date on DSHealth activities. As a member of email@example.com you are automatically on that list. Information on joining the mailing list is available here.
Also, The Viikki-based Doctoral School in Environmental, Food and Biological Sciences (YEB) has transferable skills education.
Seminars and other events in Viikki
Cell Biology Club (by ILS doctoral programme)
Microbiology seminars (by MBDP doctoral programme)
Virus Club (by MBDP doctoral programme)
Developmental biology journal club
Other courses at the University of Helsinki
You may also find relevant courses in the Master’s Programmes of the University of Helsinki.
Or you can search from all University of Helsinki courses in English.
PhD courses organised by other doctoral programmes and schools
Information skills courses by the Helsinki University Library
Career planning courses by the University of Helsinki Career Services