Contact information for doctoral training.
The doctoral programme officer (former "coordinator") is the doctoral program's contact person and responsible for administration and communication as well as planning the programme curriculum and other activities in collaboration with the board.
B&M doctoral programme officer:
Katri Wegelius, PhD
Viikki Biocenter 3, (Viikinkaari 1), room 3714
In matters related to preliminary examination of the doctoral dissertation, please contact the following, according to the faculty of your doctoral study right:
Viikki Campus: Faculty of Biological and Env Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Viikki PhD study services (email@example.com)
- For general questions about student affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meilahti Campus: Faculty of Medicine
The Brain & Mind Board is in charge of the strategic planning of the doctoral programme and reviewing doctoral study right applications submitted to the doctoral program. The Board also selects new students for the 4-year doctoral candidate positions funded by the University of Helsinki.
The chairperson of the Doctoral Program Brain & Mind in the University of Helsinki is Dr. Iiris Hovatta (since October 2016, succeeding Kai Kaila) and in Aalto University professor Lauri Parkkonen (since 2014, succeeding Riitta Hari and Kimmo Kaski).
B&M BOARD / University of Helsinki
- Iiris Hovatta, Programme director, Associate professor, Faculty of Biological and Environmental Sciences (Neurogenetics)
- Kimmo Alho, Vice chair, Professor, Faculty of Medicine (Psychology)
- Nina Forss, Chief physician, Helsinki University Hospital (Neurology) and Aalto University
- Esa Korpi, Professor, Faculty of Medicine (Neuropsychopharmacology)
- Anna-Elina Lehesjoki, Professor/Research director, Folkhälsan Research Centre and Faculty of Medicine (Nervous system diseases)
- Claudio Rivera, Research director, HiLife (Neurobiology)
- Juha Voipio, Professor, Faculty of Biological and Environmental Sciences (Neurophysiology, neurobiophysics)
- Sanna Koskela, PhD student
- Angelina Lesnikova, PhD student
B&M BOARD / Aalto University
- Lauri Parkkonen, Associate professor, B&M Aalto chair
- Riitta Salmelin, Professor
- Mikko Sams, Professor
- Julia Jaatela, PhD student
B&M coordinator / Aalto University:
Jaakko Järvinen, PhD, Academic coordinator
To find out information about admission for doctoral studies at the University of Helsinki, please familiarize yourself with the following websites: