The Master´s Programme in Russian Studies at the University of Helsinki promotes an understanding of Russia as a vital member of global and local communities and an important and powerful player today. There will be a continuing need in the future for expertise in Russian culture, politics, and society in a variety of fields in national and international arenas.
In the Master’s Programme, you will
- acquire expertise in Russia for use in many fields that require knowledge of Russia, its culture and institutions
- study basic Russian language courses to improve your skills in Russian
- make short excursion(s)
- participate in on-going research projects
- strengthen your understanding of theory, and work on your academic writing skills
- write your Master’s thesis and learn about career opportunities with Russia experts from different scientific fields
As a student of Russian Studies, you will write academic essays and learning diaries, but also practice problem-solving learning. Your education will include attending lectures, participation in group work and workshops/seminars, and examinations as well as project work.