The Master of Life Science Informatics degree provides excellent opportunities to apply and perform postgraduate studies either at the University of Helsinki, at other universities in Finland, or abroad. As a graduate, you might also find employment, for example, in health sector enterprises, such as bioindustry.
After completing the MSc programme in Life Science Informatics, you can apply for doctoral studies in the University of Helsinki, elsewhere in Finland or abroad. The high level of international recognition of the University of Helsinki and the Life Science research groups offers you excellent opportunities for doctoral studies at top universities. The additional education and practical skills gained in doctoral studies are useful not only for an academic research career but also for working in the private sector. At the University of Helsinki, suitable doctoral programmes include:
- Doctoral programme in integrative life sciences
- Doctoral programme in mathematics and statistics
- Doctoral programme in computer science
- Doctoral programme in wildlife biology research
- Doctoral programme in population health
- Doctoral programme in biomedicine
- Doctoral programme in brain & mind
- Doctoral programme in microbiology and biotechnology
Qualified students who intend to pursue a research career can apply for the Integrative Life Sciences (ILS) doctoral programme during their second year of Master's studies.
For more information, please see https://www.helsinki.fi/en/research/doctoral-education