Students who graduate from the Master’s programme in geography have strong theoretical and practical skills. The education in geography offers a broad understanding in current social and environmental issues. Our students can work as experts in their field, both independently and as members of multi-professional teams.
The teaching within the programme is connected with the work of the geography research groups. It is often possible to write the final thesis as part of work in a research group or a research institute in a related field.
The Master’s programme in geography is divided into three study tracks. Our students have been very successful in the job market after completing our programme.
The strengths of students who have completed our Master’s programme when it comes to research and expertise are:
- their ability to apply theoretical knowledge
- a broad understanding of multi-layered regional issues
- strong interaction skills within multi-disciplinary groups of specialists
- their ability to communicate in writing, orally, and graphically about geographical phenomena and research findings
- their ability to utilise and interpret various kinds of research data
- their versatile knowledge of methodology in geography
- their ability to apply the newest methods in geoinformatics and cartography
- their embracing of responsible and ethical scientifc practices