Food Sciences on the Viikki campus is a nationally unique programme that covers the whole food production chain from primary production via food processing to consumers. Food Sciences is an internationally appreciated field of education: food research at the University of Helsinki has been highly ranked.
Your masters' studies in food sciences will enable you to make an impact on the the creation of innovative solutions for the whole chain of food production. You will:
- Study the theory and applications of the broad area of food sciences in lecture courses and in group work
- Increase your knowledge of food composition, processing, structure, and legislation
- Deepen your knowledge of how the reactions of different food components, production processes and packaging affect the structure, sensory quality, healthiness and safety of animal and plant based foods
- Learn laboratory working skills
- Acquire employment skills for example by training in the food industry