Upon graduating from the Data Science MSc programme, you will have solid knowledge of the central concepts, theories, and research methods of data science as well as applied skills. In particular, you will be able to
- Understand the general computational and probabilistic principles underlying modern machine learning and data mining algorithms
- Apply various computational and statistical methods to analyse scientific and business data
- Assess the suitability of each method for the purpose of data collection and use
- Implement state-of-the-art machine learning solutions efficiently using high-performance computing platforms
- Undertake creative work, making systematic use of investigation or experimentation, to discover new knowledge
- Report results in a clear and understandable manner
- Analyse scientific and industrial data to devise new applications and support decision making.