As a graduate of the Master’s Programme in Agricultural Sciences, you will have the competence to pursue a career or to continue your studies at the doctoral level.
According to the statistics of the Finnish Association of Academic Agronomists, the current employment situation for new graduates is positive. Graduates have found employment in Finland and abroad as experts in the following fields:
- Research and product development (universities, research institutes, companies, industry)
- Administration and expert positions (ministries, supervisory agencies, EU, FAO)
- Business and management (companies)
- Teaching, training and consultation (universities, universities of applied sciences, organisations, development cooperation projects)
- Communication (universities, media, companies, ministries, organisations)
- Entrepreneurship (self-employment)
More information e.g. in The Finnish Association of Academic Agronomists -webpages: http://www.agronomiliitto.fi/en/
POSTGRADUATE STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
After completing a Master’s degree, you can pursue doctoral education in Finland or abroad. A doctoral degree can be completed in four years. With a doctoral degree you can pursue a career in the academic world or enter the job market. The qualifications required for some positions may be a doctoral rather than a Master’s degree.
Relevant doctoral programmes for students of agricultural sciences at the University of Helsinki include:
- AGFOREE Doctoral Programme in Sustainable Use of Renewable Natural Resources
- DPPS Doctoral Programme in Plant Sciences
- DENVI Doctoral Programme in Interdisciplinary Environmental Sciences
For general information about the University of Helsinki doctoral programmes please see: www.helsinki.fi/en/research/doctoral-education