Would you like to be involved in finding solutions to future challenges of food and energy production, such as climate change, population growth and limited energy resources? Are you interested in animal welfare, clean soil, environmental issues or the newest methods in biological and genetic engineering? Would you like to learn about automation and robotics in agriculture?
Join the Master’s Programme in Agricultural Sciences on the Viikki Campus to find solutions for the challenges of today and tomorrow. The University of Helsinki is the only university in Finland to offer academic education in this field.
In the Master’s Programme in Agricultural Sciences, you can pursue studies in plant production sciences, animal science, agrotechnology, or environmental soil science, depending on your interests and previous studies. For further information about the study tracks, see Programme contents.
Upon completing a Master’s degree, you will:
- Be an expert in plant production science, animal science, agrotechnology, or environmental soil science.
- Be able to assess the sustainability and environmental impact of food and energy production.
- Be able to apply biosciences, ecology, chemistry, physics or statistics, depending on your study track, to the future needs of agriculture.
- Have mastered the key issues and future development trends of your field.
- Have mastered state-of-the-art research and analysis methods and techniques.
- Be able to engage in international activities, project work and communication.
- Be able to acquire and interpret scientific research information in your field and present it orally and in writing.
- Have the qualifications to pursue postgraduate studies in a doctoral programme or a career as an expert or entrepreneur.