The transcript of studies serves as an official certificate of completed studies.
All studies you complete are entered into the University of Helsinki Oodi system within four to six weeks of the date of completion. Failed grades are also entered into Oodi. You can view information about completed studies either in WebOodi or My studies on Flamma. Once the results have been recorded in WebOodi, you will receive a notification in your helsinki.fi email. If you do not wish to receive such notifications, you can change the settings in WebOodi. Partially completed courses are usually recorded on the Moodle learning platform. If your studies have not been registered within six weeks, please contact the University Services: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions about the assessment of studies can be addressed to the teacher.
- Evaluation of learning and grading scales (common University of Helsinki guidelines in Flamma)
- Protection of students’ rights (common University of Helsinki guidelines in Flamma)
You can raise your course grade by retaking an examination or, if the course completion methods do not include an examination or no further retake opportunities are offered, by retaking the course.
Appeals against the grading of completed studies
The Regulations on Degrees and the Protection of Students' Rights at the University of Helsinki stipulates that students dissatisfied with a particular grade for completed studies may appeal against it.
They must contact the course teacher within 14 days of when they had access to the grade. For advice, please contact the education specialist in your discipline.
You can request from the University of Helsinki a transcript of studies, which serves as an official certificate of completed studies. The transcript lists the courses you have completed, including credits, grades and dates, as well as the grades of study modules, if any. You can use the transcript, for example, to demonstrate to an employer or educational institution that you have completed the studies in question.
You can request a transcript of studies from Student Services. Your transcript will be posted in three to five working days, or you can collect it from the Main Building (Fabianinkatu 33). If you have completed a study module, please request that it be registered (see below) before requesting a transcript.
You can also request an unofficial electronic transcript of studies via WebOodi.
You should request the registration of a study module when all the courses included in the module have been registered as completed in WebOodi. The courses will then be incorporated and registered as a module, for which an overall grade will be determined. Modules are registered only at the student’s request.
- To request the registration of a module, use this form.
- Request the registration as soon as you have completed all the courses included in the module and when the courses have been registered in WebOodi.
- If you wish the module grade to appear on your transcript, do not request the transcript until after you have requested the registration of the module and have been informed by email that the registration has been completed.
- The registration of a module takes approximately four weeks.
- Expired studies cannot be included in a module. An individual course usually expires in ten years.
- The registration of a module can be cancelled only under special circumstances.