The courses are organised by the University of Helsinki Open University. No value-added tax will be charged on course and module fees. The Open University reserves the right to change the information in the study programme.
These registration and payment terms do not apply to those students in partner institutions who pay their whole study fee directly to the institution.
University of Helsinki Open University
Business Identity Code 0313471-7
P.O. Box 9 (Siltavuorenpenger 3 A)
00014 UNIVERSITY OF HELSINKI
Tel. 02941 22244
Open University ordinance
- Open University ordinance (from 1.1.2017)
- Regulations on Degrees and the Protection of Students' Rights at the University of Helsinki
- Arrangements for students in need of special support
- Beginning your studies
- Registration for Open University studies is always binding.
- The relevant fee is payable immediately upon registration. Once paid, fees will not be refunded.
- Please note, however, that registering on the reserve list to wait for an opening is not binding. A place on the reserve list does not entitle you to attend classes or take an examination.
Right to study
- The fee entitles the student to undertake the studies and examinations indicated in the study programme.
- The right to study applies to courses and examinations in the programme. Information about the right to study and registration is shown on the Open University website under My pages.
- If a study module includes optional courses, the module fee covers only the courses included in the minimum number of credits for the module. Any additional courses will be subject to a separate fee.
Cancelling your registration
- If you cannot participate in a course, remember to cancel your place so that we can offer it to a student on the reserve list. You can cancel your registration at Participation information on My pages before a course begins.
- Cancellation due to illness before the beginning of studies: Contact avoin-yleinen[at]helsinki.fi without delay if you are unable to begin your studies due to illness (a doctor’s or nurse’s certificate is required). We will refund within approximately one month any amount of a course fee that exceeds EUR 75.
- Cancellation of instruction by the Open University: If we must cancel instruction due to insufficient enrolment or for similar reasons, we will refund 100% of the course fee and credit your account within approximately one month.
- Open University fees are based on the Universities Act (24 July 2009/558) and the Government decree on fees for university services (1082/2009) and its amendment (1436/2014).
- Open University fees, including interest and costs, are receivables under public law and, as such, can be enforced even in the absence of a legal judgment or court order (Act No 706/2007).
- Fees are payable upon registration through an online bank transfer (Nordea, Osuuspankki/OP-Pohjola Group, Danske Bank, Aktia, Nooa, Paikallisosuuspankit/Local Cooperative Bank Group, Säästöpankit/Savings Banks Group, Handelsbanken, S-Pankki/S-Bank and Ålandsbanken/Bank of Åland) or with a credit card (Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Diners Club, American Express and JBC). Payments are made through the Paytrail website.
- On a bank statement or credit card bill the receiver of the payment will be Paytrail Oyj. Paytrail Oyj delivers the payment to the University of Helsinki Open University.
The realiser of the payment transfer service and the provider of the payment service is Paytrail Oyj (2122839-7) in cooperation with Finnish banks and credit institutions. Paytrail Oyj acquires the payment transaction and delivers the payment to the University of Helsinki. From the user perspective, the service functions in the same way as traditional online payment processes. Paytrail Oyj is a licensed payment institution.
Paytrail Oyj, Business Identity Code 2122839-7
Innova 2. Lutakonaukio 7
Puh. 0207 181830