The University of Helsinki is an international scientific community of 40,000 students and researchers. It is one of the leading multidisciplinary research universities in Europe and ranks among the top 100 international universities in the world. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer an attractive and diverse workplace in an inspiring environment with a variety of development opportunities and benefits.
The Faculty of Pharmacy:
• ranked #46 in the world in the ShanghaiRanking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2020
• is located on Viikki Campus in Helsinki and provides good access to local and national research infrastructures including biobanks
• has about 200 employees, out of which 15 professors
• has about 800 undergraduate and 160 postgraduate students with well-organized doctoral school programs
The Faculty of Pharmacy, Division of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology, invites applications for the position of a
The appointment is for 18 months with a preferred starting date of 1 March 2021. The position will be filled with 6 months probationary period.
The appointment is at the Division of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology in the Academy of Finland funded research project AINAPharma (Advanced drug delivery: Industrial Network with Academia. The project aims for successful development of dosage forms based on solid dispersions combining new/state-of-the-art solid dispersion production and ultra-sensitive analytical technologies. The appointee will perform research on the novel analytical characterization of the solid dispersions and biorelevant performance testing. The tasks will include supporting AINAPharma project’s networking and publicity activities. The appointee will also participate in the supervision of undergraduate/PhD students and in other discipline-specific teaching in pharmaceutical technology. Teaching tasks can account for up to 5 % of the annual working time.
We are looking for an applicant with
• a PhD degree
• a chemistry or other relevant background with expertise in analytics, especially in spectroscopic methods (FTIR, Raman, XRPD, DSC, UV/vis being the most relevant techniques; experience in FTIR/Raman the most valuable)
• excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English)
• ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary research team
Previous experience on one or more of the following fields is considered a significant merit: Analytical Chemistry, Spectroscopic Molecular Analytics, Pharmaceutical Analysis. Previous skills/experience in Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Technology, Drug Formulations/Galenics are also beneficial, but not necessary.
Salary and benefits
The salary is based on level 5 of the job requirement scheme for teaching and research personnel in the salary system of Finnish universities and includes a salary component based on personal work performance. In total, the monthly salary will be between about 3 200–3 600 € depending on applicant’s qualifications and experience. Standard Finnish pension benefits and occupational health care are provided for university employees. Read more about the employee benefits at the University of Helsinki and why the University of Helsinki is an excellent career choice: https://www.helsinki.fi/en/university/working-at-the-university.
Application to the position
Please submit your application, together with the required attachments, through the University of Helsinki Recruitment System via the button Apply for the position. Applicants who are employees of the University of Helsinki should submit their application via the SAP HR portal. You may fill in only the mandatory fields (*) in the Recruitment System.
The application should include the following documents as a single pdf file:
• a motivation letter (max 1 page)
• a complete CV with full contact details, education/previous degrees obtained, prior work/research experience, list of publications and theses (with links to their online versions, if available)
• recommendation letter(s) and contact information of one or more previous supervisors, employers, or other references
The closing date for applications is January 28, 2021 (23:59 EET).
Further information about:
• The project and position: Professor Anne Juppo, anne.juppo(at)helsinki.fi and Professor Timo Laaksonen, timo.laaksonen(at)helsinki.fi
• Applying and/or technical support: HR Specialist Heidi Kauppinen, heidi.m.kauppinen(at)helsinki.fi, +358504155341
• Faculty of Pharmacy: https://www.helsinki.fi/en/faculty-of-pharmacy
• Support material for international applicants: https://www.helsinki.fi/en/university/careers-at-the-university-of-helsi...
Please see also:
• Pharmaceutical and Analytical Technologies (PAT) unit: https://www.helsinki.fi/en/faculty-of-pharmacy/research/drug-research-pr...
• Quantitative Chemically-Specific Imaging Infrastructure for Material and Life Sciences: http://qcsi.fi
28.01.2021 23:59 EET