This news article was updated on 19 May 2020.
Due to the coronavirus situation, the University of Helsinki has not provided contact teaching or administered traditional examinations since 18 March 2020. The Open University aims to move its contact teaching and traditional examinations to an online environment or to provide alternative completion methods.
- If changes are made to your current or upcoming studies, you will receive information via email and/or the online learning environment (Moodle or MOOC). The study programmes will also be updated to reflect any changes.
- In addition, the Open University organises its summer studies in an online environment rather than as contact teaching, or to offer alternative completion methods. Information on changes will be updated in the study programmes and the list of summer courses as soon as decisions have been made.
- The Open University’s student services can be contacted via email, through a chat service or by phone. No on-site advice services are currently available.
- If you have questions about your current studies, please contact the relevant teacher or the education specialist (information in Finnish) responsible for the studies. The best way to reach a teacher is via the online learning environment (Moodle or MOOC).
- The Helsinki University Library’s sites will be closed at least until the beginning of August 2020. However, books can be borrowed from the Main Library at Kaisa House under special arrangements. Further information: Library services in the exceptional situation caused by the coronavirus
- The University of Helsinki premises (incl. Learning Centre Aleksandria and Think Corner) are closed fo now.
- Coronavirus situation at the University of Helsinki
- The effect of the coronavirus on studies: Q&A on the University of Helsinki’s Instructions for Students website. Instructions for Students is a website targeted at the degree students of the University of Helsinki. The up-to-date information on the coronavirus published on the Instructions for Students website also applies to students of the Open University.