This news article was updated on 30 September 2020.
Open University organises its studies mainly in an online environment rather than as contact teaching, or to offer alternative completion methods.
- If changes are made to your current or upcoming studies, you will receive information via email and/or the online learning environment (Moodle or MOOC). The study programmes will also be updated to reflect any changes.
- The Open University’s student services can be contacted via email, through a chat service or by phone. No on-site advice services are currently available.
- If you have questions about your current studies, please contact the relevant teacher or the education specialist (information in Finnish) responsible for the studies. The best way to reach a teacher is via the online learning environment (Moodle or MOOC).
- Kaisa House is open with limited services during the coronavirus situation. Further information: Library services in the exceptional situation caused by the coronavirus
- The other University of Helsinki premises are reopened for regular use. Further information: Coronavirus situation at the University of Helsinki: University buildings
The use of protective face masks is strongly recommended for members of the University community, visitors and customers (e.g., in cafeterias, museums, libraries and sports facilities) visiting public University premises. In addition, safe social distancing must be always observed whenever possible to prevent exposure. Further information: Coronavirus situation at the University of Helsinki: Protective mask recommendation
- Coronavirus situation at the University of Helsinki
- Important safety instructions for students on the University of Helsinki's Instructions for Students
Instructions for Students is a website targeted at the degree students of the University of Helsinki.
- The effect of the coronavirus on studies: Q&A on the University of Helsinki’s Instructions for Students website. Instructions for Students is a website targeted at the degree students of the University of Helsinki.