We are seeking Commercialisation Officers in
- Life Sciences with preference to background in biotechnology, diagnostics or medical devices
- ICT or Technology with preference to background in software, mobile applications or business models in humanities, social or behavioural sciences
Both positions require an academic degree (MSc or PhD) as well as good understanding of intellectual property protection. Experience in commercialisation is clearly an asset. Successful candidates must be self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Within the role of Commercialisation Officer, you will:
- Liaise with academic staff of the University of Helsinki and evaluate invention and idea disclosures using patent databases, literature and commercial sources of information.
- Pursue and identify potential business or commercial opportunities arising from research performed at the University of Helsinki.
- Develop and manage publicly funded, commercially-focused projects.
- Identify and contact potential collaborators, partners and investors, perform market and end-user surveys as well as competitor analyses.
- Participate in business development and promotion of University of Helsinki patent portfolio.
Your work requires fluent and effective communications with HIS management, fellow commercialization officers, researchers at the University of Helsinki and other stakeholders.
The successful applicants are comfortable presenting in front of different audiences and have excellent English oral and written skills. The persons we are looking for are highly motivated, energetic and masters of time management.
Both assignments are for a full time, permanent position. A four month probation period will be applied.
For more information, please contact email@example.com to set up a phone call with CEO Jari Strandman or COO Milla Koistinaho. To apply, please submit your application with a CV and a salary request by 14 January 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.