Researchers wishing to submit an application that falls under this funding instrument, must submit their TUTL idea submission form by 16.12.2019.
If you have any questions regarding Business Finland's funding instrument New business from research ideas, please contact the personnel at Helsinki Innovation Services Ltd (HIS).
1. Call Announcement and Instructions
- General information about the funding instrument can be found on Business Finland's website.
- To apply for funding, please submit an online application via Business Finland Online Services. Business Finland will confirm the exact dead line later (it will presumably be in March 2020).
2. UH's Internal Guidance
- Researchers wishing to submit an application that falls under this funding instrument, must submit their TUTL idea submission form to email@example.com by 16.12.2019. The subject of the email has to be “TUTL” and the sender’s contact information must be included in the message body.
- The applicability of the proposed research project to this funding instrument will be assessed by HIS. The assessment will be carried out in accordance with Business Finland’s criteria.
- The researchers will receive an invitation to a separate training (see below) by 20.12.2019.
- The researcher is liable for submitting the application to Business Finland by the deadline.
3. Training and Support
- There will be four training sessions organized by HIS, where the applicants will practice e.g. pitching. The training aims to develop the commercial potential of the projects, and the most promising ones will advance to a pitching event for Business Finland representatives. The projects are supported in preparing the project plan and the written application. Business Finland and the University of Helsinki strongly recommend participating at the training.
- The preliminary dates for the training sessions are 20.1., 22.8., 28.1. and 4.2. Business Finland pitching event will be held on week 7. (Note: these dates are preliminary and will be confirmed later).
- The first three events will be held in Kaisa House, Fabianinkatu 30, room 7062, 7th floor. As for the remaining two dates (4.2. and week 7.), each project participates only for its own pitch, and the exact schedule will be confirmed during the training. These training sessions will take place in HIS premises, Vuorikatu 7, 4th floor