Funding call 2/2020 is now open for applications. Researchers wishing to submit an application for the preparation process for this funding instrument, must submit their applications latest 7.6.2020.
If you have any questions regarding Business Finland's funding instrument Research to Business, please contact the personnel at Helsinki Innovation Services Ltd (HIS).
1. Call Announcement and Instructions
- General information about the funding instrument can be found on Business Finland's website.
- To apply for funding, please submit an online application via Business Finland Online Services. The application period closes 16.9.2020.
2. UH's Internal Guidance
- Researchers wishing to submit an application that falls under this funding instrument, must submit their Research to Business -idea submission form or Invention and idea disclosure form to email@example.com by 7.6.2020. The subject of the email has to be “Research to Business” and the sender’s contact information must be included in the message body.
- The applicability of the proposed research project to this funding instrument will be assessed by HIS. The assessment will be carried out in accordance with Business Finland’s criteria.
- The researchers will receive an invitation to a separate training during June.
- The researcher is liable for submitting the application to Business Finland by the deadline.
3. Training and Support
- HIS organises a so-called NABC training that acts as a preparatory process for Research to Business -funding applications. There will be four training sessions, where the applicants will practice e.g. pitching. The training aims to develop the commercial potential of the projects, and the most promising ones will advance to a pitching event for Business Finland representatives. The projects are supported in preparing the project plan and the written application. Business Finland and the University of Helsinki strongly recommend participating in the training.
- The preliminary dates for the training sessions are 13.8, 18.8., 21.8. and 26.8.. Business Finland pitching event will be held on week 36. (Note: these dates are preliminary and will be confirmed later).
- The first three events will be held in Kaisa House, Fabianinkatu 30, room 7062, 7th floor. As for the remaining two dates (26.8. and week 36), each project participates only for its own pitch, and the exact schedule will be confirmed during the training. These training sessions will take place in HIS premises, Vuorikatu 7, 4th floor. The NABC training will be organized as a web training if this is necessary due to the covid-19 -situation.