Funding call 1/2021 is now open for applications. Researchers wishing to submit an application for the preparation process for this funding instrument, must submit their applications latest 18.12.2020.
If you have any questions regarding Business Finland's funding instrument Research to Business, please contact the personnel at Helsinki Innovation Services Ltd (HIS).
1. Call Announcement and Instructions
- General information about the funding instrument can be found on Business Finland's website.
- To apply for funding, please submit an online application via Business Finland Online Services. The application period closes on 10.3.2021.
2. UH's Internal Guidance
- Researchers wishing to submit an application that falls under this funding instrument, must submit their Invention and idea disclosure form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18.12.2020. In the message body, kindly include the information that you wish to apply for the Research to Business funding.
- The applicability of the proposed research project to this funding instrument will be assessed by HIS. The assessment will be carried out in accordance with Business Finland’s criteria.
- The researchers will receive an invitation to a separate training during early January.
- The researcher is liable for submitting the application to Business Finland by the deadline.
3. Training and Support
- HIS organises a so-called NABC training that acts as a preparatory process for Research to Business -funding applications. There will be four training sessions, where the applicants will practice e.g. pitching. The training aims to develop the commercial potential of the projects, and the most promising ones will advance to a pitching event for Business Finland representatives. The projects are supported in preparing the project plan and the written application. Business Finland and the University of Helsinki strongly recommend participating in the training.
- The preliminary dates for the training sessions are 13.1., 20.1., 26.1. and 3.2. Business Finland pitching event will be held on 9.2.2021.
- The training is held digitally via Zoom.