As a summer worker you are involved in multi-disciplinary, inspired and progressive group of researchers. Your tasks may include computer modeling and data analysis, measurement network maintenance or field measurements, depending on the currently available projects and your own interests. Some students will be positioned to Kumpula or Viikki campuses in Helsinki, some will work in Hyytiälä and Värriö research stations. Hyytiälä is located in Juupajoki, in Pirkanmaa and Värriö is in Salla in Eastern Lapland. Your summer work can be expanded into a BSc or MSc thesis.
Topics for summer work include, but are not limited to:
- duty operations of atmospheric and ecological measurements in Hyytiälä, Helsinki and Värriö SMEAR stations
- measurements and instrument development on chemical ionization of nanoparticles and clusters with time-of-flight mass spectrometers,
- atmospheric aerosol measurements and data analysis
- aerosol-cloud-climate interactions
- surface-atmosphere interaction above different ecosystems including lakes, forests, urban areas and wetlands
- numerical modeling of atmospheric processes and weather
- tree ecophysiology, soil and lake ecology measurements
If you are interested, please submit before 6.2.2018 your application with your CV and answers to the questionnaire (http://www.atm.helsinki.fi/INAR_kesatyoilmoitus_2018.docx) as a one file attached to the filled in e-form [https://elomake.helsinki.fi/lomakkeet/46745/lomake.html?rinnakkaislomake=Application_for_summer_job]. Based on the initial review of the applications, some applicants will be interviewed in late February 2018. The exact schedule will be announced later on.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Taina Ruuskanen: email@example.com, 0503175409, Physicum, D215
Dr. Leena Järvi: firstname.lastname@example.org, 050 3110371, Kumpula, Exactum
Dr. Mikael Ehn: email@example.com, 050 3199420, Kumpula, Physicum, C405
Dr. Teemu Hölttä: firstname.lastname@example.org, 0504486121, Viikki, Latokartanonkaari 7