WORKSHOP - TOWARDS AN AI-DRIVEN SOCIETY. A LEGAL PERSPECTIVE
Welcome to the workshop on artificial intelligence ‘TOWARDS AN AI-DRIVEN SOCIETY. A LEGAL PERSPECTIVE’. The workshop will be organized on 7th of June 2018 at 3-6 o’clock p.m. by the Legal Tech Lab at the University of Helsinki in room P545 (Faculty Room). It will be held in English.
Below, you can find the programme of the event.
LEGAL TECH LAB WORKSHOP - TOWARDS AN AI-DRIVEN SOCIETY. A LEGAL PERSPECTIVE
Opening of the event
Assistant Professor Riikka Koulu
Panel I: Legal Foundations of AI
Chair: Dr Beata Mäihäniem, University of Helsinki
- Dr Dory Reiling (Senior Judge at the Amsterdam District Court) ‘AI and courts, hype and reality’
- Dr Tuomas Pöysti (Chancellor of Justice) ‘The Realm of Law Extended - Living Together with the Artificially Intelligent Machine’
- Assistant Professor Mika Viljanen (University of Turku) ‘Insuring AI’
- Professor Petri Kuoppamäki (Aalto University) ‘Artificial intelligence, internet of things and competition law’
- Professor Burkhard Schafer (The University of Edinburgh) ‘Trial reporting, data ownership and legal AI’
- Anna Ronkainen (TrademarkNow®) ‘Understanding human legal reasoning as a prerequisite for legal artificial intelligence’
Panel II: Practical Challenges to the Application of AI
Chair: Mrs Hanne Hirvonen, University of Helsinki
- Vesa Kyyrönen (University of Helsinki) ‘Robotics and machine autonomy from perspective of international law’
- Aduradha Nayak (University of Lapland) ‘In a techno-political horizon: Autonomous AI and electronic personality.’
- Samuel Wrigley (University of Helsinki) ‘Data protection and transparency when computers imitate humans: The problems faced by Google Duplex’
- Laura Lassila (University of Helsinki) ‘Smart Contract - how to make it legally enforceable’
- Leo Leppänen (University of Helsinki) ‘Automated Journalism’
There will be coffee served in-between panels. Please register to the event here. Don't forget to indicate dietary restrictions if necessary.
Welcome on behalf of The Legal Tech Lab!