Confucius Institute provides regular training workshops for local Chinese language teachers twice a year, once in Spring and once in Autumn. The aim is to bring together Chinese language teachers from all over Finland for networking and sharing experiences. The theme of the training varies and the training sessions are lead by different language experts and professionals both from Finland and abroad.
Confucius Institute 2020 Autumn Teachers’ Training
Time: Saturday 21 November 2020, 10-12
Trainer: Professor Sheng Shuangxia
The training session will consist of a presentation and discussion.
About trainer: 汉语教学专家盛双霞
Register by filling the e-form here by 19 November 2020, 4 PM.
The link to the online session will be sent to registered participants only.
Overseas Chinese Teachers Training Program 外国汉语教师来华研修项目
Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban offers annually 1-4 weeks long Training Programs for Overseas Chinese language teachers in China. The program offers courses on various topics related in Chinese language teaching like pedagogy, teaching skills, teaching materials, intercultural communication etc. All overseas teachers who meet the requirements can apply for the program.
1. Application Requirements
Applicants must be Chinese language teachers in authorized schools, non-Chinese nationality (teacher with Chinese nationality but who has got a permanent living permit in Finland is also eligible to apply), under 60 and in good health condition.
2. Application time
Hanban overseas Chinese Teachers Program opens for application in March. Application deadline is annually June 1st.
Tuitions, teaching materials expenses and accommodation(double room) are covered by Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban. International round-trip tickets shall be covered by the applicants.
3. Application, Verification and Admission
1) Register, select the program and submit your online application here: http://kzxylocalteacher.hanban.org
2) Submit the application to applicants’ recommendation institutions, which should be a local Confucius Institute/ Classroom, or the Education/Culture Department(office) of the Chinese Embassy (Consulate) in respective countries;
3) After your recommendation institution has checked your application, it is forwarded to your host university for review. Finally the application is sent to Confucius Institute Headquarters for approval.
4) The applicant can check the application status any time on Hanban´s Overseas Chinese teacher training platform.
5) After your application is approved you may contact the host university and start the enrollment procedures.