Confucius Institute provides regular training workshops for local Chinese language teachers twice a year, once in Spring and once in Autumn. The aim is to bring together Chinese language teachers from all over Finland for networking and sharing experiences. The theme of the training varies and the training sessions are lead by different language experts and professionals both from Finland and abroad.
Confucius Institute 2019 Spring Teachers’ Training
Time: Saturday 16 March 2019, 10-16
Venue: Auditorium III, University Main Builiding, Unioninkatu 34
Trainer: Associate professor Sheng Shuangxia, Chinese Director at the Confucius Institute at the University of Manchester, England
Sheng Shuangxia is an Associate Professor from Beijing Normal University and has been at the CI since 2017. She researchers Chinese as a foreign language, including teaching theory and practice, curriculum design, primary and secondary school teaching methodology, and social and folk culture.
Register by sending e-mail to mariliina.rasanen(at)helsinki.fi by 11 March 2019.
Half of the travel expenses (bus or train) will be covered for teachers coming outside the capital area.
Overseas Chinese Teachers Training Program 外国汉语教师来华研修项目
Hanban overseas Chinese Teachers Program opens for application in March. Application deadline is 1 June 2018.
1. Application Requirements
Applicants must be Chinese language teachers in authorized schools, non-Chinese nationality (teacher with Chinese nationality but who has got a permanent living permit in Finland is also eligible to apply), under 60 and in good health condition.
Tuitions, teaching materials expenses and accommodation(double room) are covered by Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban. Round-trip tickets shall be covered by applicants.
3. Application, Verification and Admission
1) Choose a course online through Homepage of Hanban (http://www.hanban.org) – Teachers – Overseas Chinese Teachers Training;
2) Submit the Application Form to applicants’ recommendation institutions, which should be a local Confucius Institute/ Classroom, or the Education/Culture Department(office) of the Chinese Embassy (Consulate) in respective countries;
3) After getting the recommendation institution’s approval, those applicants whose mother tongue is not Chinese shall directly contact the training academy for Chinese language proficiency test to ensure that they are qualified for the course applied (unnecessary for those applicants whose mother tongue is Chinese);
4) Contact the recommendation institutions to check the admission status.