Renmin University of China (RUC) is a comprehensive research oriented university with its strength in social sciences and humanity. International Summer School of renmin University (ISS) will continue to open from 8 July to 3 August following our past nine years’ successful experience since the summer of 2009. ISS provides opportunities for young scholars worldwide to work together for new experience, knowledge and insights. The summer school offers courses in Chinese language and other subjects. Most of the courses are taught in English.
The International Summer School in Beijing provides series courses on Chinese studies, general and frontier disciplines, and Chinese training courses for overseas students.
The online application period is 3 March to 25 May 2018.
Application Schedule via Confucius Institute
- March 1: CI publishes information on RUC ISS
- March 20: All CI students and language centers submit application to CI by emailing “2018 ISS application list and Hanban scholarship application” (links to application forms below) to Mariliina (mariliina.rasanen(at)helsinki.fi).
- March 23: CI submits final application list to RUC;Only after the final application list is submitted and confirmed can students start to do online registration. So the earlier, the better.）
- March 26: RUC applies to Hanban for CI scholarships for all eligible applicants
- In late April: RUC notifies admission results, after this students do online registration on RUC webiste
- In April –May: Students get notice of admissions, visa materials and other documents
ISS application list
Hanban scholarship application
1. Hanban Campus Scholarship Program
The Confucius Institute will assist in applications for Hanban Campus Scholarship Program just like before. The Scholarship will cover prospective students’ registration, tuition (for 2 courses and one of them must be Chinese language course), and accommodation (for double dormitory room) at Renmin University.
Applicants to apply for this Scholarship should meet the following requirements:
- Ages: 15-30 years old(included), and it must be students who has registered in the Confucius Institute or one of the language centers at Universities of Tampere, Jyväskylä, Oulu and Eastern Finland)
- Non-Chinese citizen
- Chinese Learning classes hours: more than 40 hours, or have HSK results.
- Have never enjoyed Summer Campus scholarship before
Total number of applicants: 20
Note: The 20 applicants include CI students and students at five language centers. Eligible applicants who want to apply for this scholarship must fill out the 2018 ISS Application list and Hanban scholarship application and send it to email@example.com before March 20, 2018. In case there are more than 20 applicants Confucius Institute has the right to select the students it recommends to RUC. Students going to China for the first time have priority.
1. Application: Each language center should collect the list first and submit only one final list of all applicants, before March 20, 2018 to CI.
2. HSK: All ISS attendees have to take informal HSK tests organized by RUC at the end of ISS.
3. Course selection: Every student can only select 2 courses, and one of them must be Chinese language course. Additional courses will be charged according to ISS tuition standards and students have to pay by themselves.
4. Accommodation: It will be standard double rooms for all students (40-50 RMB/person/day). If a student wants a single room (120 RMB/person/day), he/she has to pay the difference in prices between double room and single room (around RMB 70-80/person/day). More info on accommodation: http://iss.ruc.edu.cn/campu_accommodation.php
4. More information on ISS: http://iss.ruc.edu.cn/index.php
2. 2018 RUC International Summer School Scholarship
Those who are not eligible for the Hanban scholarship, RUC will waive tuition fee for 2 students of CI host university. Eligible students can apply for this tuition waiver by sending first a motivation letter to Confucius Institute at the University of Helsinki firstname.lastname@example.org before March 20, and should also send a recommendation letter from the Confucius Institute or the International Office of the University, to email@example.com at CI no later than March 23, 2018.
3. For other applicants:
RUC ISS welcomes all kinds of applicants. Please refer to the following fees:
Registration fee: 800 RMB
Tuition: Tuition differs according to your online application time.RMB 10000 in March, 11000 in April, 12000 in May (for two courses)
One additional course charges another RMB 2000.
Early bird tuition offers:
Registration in March, Tuition: RMB 10,000 (for two courses)
Registration in April: Tuition: RMB 11,000 (for two courses)
For further information: Mariliina Räsänen 02941 22868 , mariliina.rasane(at)helsinki.fi