Biocomplex is specialized in macromolecular sample preparation and purification for functional and structural studies using preparative ultracentrifugation, monolithic chromatography and asymmetrical flow field-flow fractionation technologies. Biocomplex also actively develops new purification methods for large biopolymers, often in co-operation with manufacturers. Our technologies can be used in different combinations to purify large macromolecular complexes such as viruses, virus-like particles, viral subassemblies, exosomes, membrane vesicles, large protein complexes, ribonucleoprotein complexes etc.
We are part of the Faculty of Biological and Environmental Sciences and HiLIFE, University of Helsinki, Biocenter Finland and Instruct-ERIC. Biocomplex is supported by the University of Helsinki (HiLIFE and Faculty of Biological and Environmental Sciences) and Academy of Finland.
For contact and inquiries
- email: grp-biocomplexservice[at]helsinki.fi
- We are located in Viikki campus, Biocenter 1, staircase B, 6th floor (Viikinkaari 9) Google map
- To protect our users and staff during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Biocomplex has restrictions in the physical visits to its facilities.
- Please, contact grp-biocomplexservice[at]helsinki.fi in advance if you want to use Biocomplex instrumentation during the restricted access period so that we can book the room for you
Potential service breaks due to the construction of the tram line
- Building of the new tram line "Raidejokeri" next to Biocenter 1 induces trembling that may prevent the use of our instruments. We inform of the potential service breaks here.
- Regular service breaks expected 14.9.2020-30.10.2020
- No centifugation service 24.11.2020, 1.12.2020, 8.12.2020
Instruct-ERIC Centre Finland / Biocomplex
Biocomplex services are part of Instruct-ERIC Centre Finland and can be accessed through Instruct-ERIC (Instruct Centre Finland/Biocomplex home page). See funding possibilities for Instruct-ERIC access.