DNA Sequencing and Genomics Laboratory (BIDGEN) unit provides DNA sequencing and genomics services nationally and internationally. BIDGEN is closely collaborating with the Single-cell Proteomics and Genomics Unit at Institute of Biotechnology.
- Research Director Petri Auvinen +358 50 4482852 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laboratory Engineer Lars Paulin, +358 (0) 2941 58887 email@example.com
- Staff members firstname.lastname@example.org
Biocenter 2, Viikinkaari 5D, Viikki Campus, Helsinki
- Single-Cell Gene Expression
- de novo Genome Sequencing and Assembly
- Basic Bioinformatics
- DNA Sequencers (2x Illumina MiSeq, 1x Illumina NextSeq500, 1x PacBio RSII, 1x ABI3130XL),
- QPCR, Roche 480 LightCycler
- BioRad QX200 Digital PCR machine
- ca. 20 conventional PCR machines,
- Nanostring nCounter
- Fluidigm Polaris
- SAGE ELF and BluePippin,
- PCR clean room for DNA isolation and one for pre-PCR work
- Pipetting robots (Tecan Evo, Beckman NXP, Magnatrix)
- Agilent Bioanalyzer 2100
- Advanced Analytical Fragment Analyzer
- Diagenode Megaruptor and Bioruptor
- Covaris S2 Sonicator.
The research infrastructure is supported by University of Helsinki (HiLIFE) and Biocenter Finland. Service pricing follows University of Helsinki pricing guidelines.
Below a few case examples of a NGS sequencing analysis projects for University of Helsinki customers (VAT 0%). Please contact us to get information about up to date prices.
Illumina DNA Sequencing
- DNA NGS Library preparation 70 €/sample
- Full run NextSeq500 (150+150bp) 5 250€
Illumina Amplicon (16S, ITS etc) Sequencing
- Highly multiplexed 2-step PCR amplification from provided DNA samples, pooling, size-selection and MiSeq run (300+300 bp) 50 €/sample
- Targeted 60 000- 100 000 de-multiplexed cleaned reads/sample
PacBio DNA Sequencing
- DNA QC and Library preparation 500 €/sample
- Full PacBio run (8 SMRT cells) 2 400€