Biacore T100 can be used to monitor almost any molecular interactions as long as one of the interacting partner can be immobilized on a sensor surface. It characterizes molecules in terms of the specificity of interaction, on and off -rates (kinetics), binding strength (affinity) and thermodynamics. It can also be used for concentration measurements of active biomolecules to monitor the effects of purification or storage conditions on molecule preparations.
Biacore utilizes label-free technology which can be used to study:
- protein interactions from small peptides to multiple sub-unit protein complexes
- membrane biochemistry or membrane-bound receptor interactions using native membranes, artificial membranes or vesicles
- replication, transcription and translation of nucleic acids, hybridization of DNA and RNA
- the specific recognition of cell surface carbohydrates and the effects of glycosylation on molecular interactions
Biacore T100 supports the use of 96- and 384- well microplates and sample recovery.
- Required sample volume: injection volume + 20-50 µl (application dependent)
- Injection volume: 2-350 µl
- Flow rate: 1-100 µl/min
- Flow cell height: 40 µm
- Sample/reagent capacity: 1 x 96 or 384 well microplate + up to 33 reagent vials
- Analysis temperature: 4 – 45ºC (max. 20 degrees below ambient temperature)
- Sample storage: 4 – 45ºC (max. 15 degrees below ambient temperature)
- Sample refractive index range: 1.33-1.39
- Buffer selection: automatic switching between 4 buffers
- In-line reference subtraction: automatic
- Number of flow cells: 4
Typical technical ranges:
- Association rate constant (ka): 103 - 107 M-1s-1(and higher for macromolecular analytes)
- Dissociation rate constant (kd): 10-5 – 0.5 s-1
- Sample concentration: 10-3 – 10-11 M
- Molecular weight detection: >100 Da
Biacore T100 Instrument Introduction, pdf
Customers buy all needed consumables (tips, sensor chips, microplates and foils, buffers, chemicals etc.). We keep stock of reagents for amine coupling which customers are able to purchase (30 €/coupling reaction), all needed reagents for another coupling chemistry are provided by customer. Ordering of S Series Sencor Chips is recommended to be done through GE Healthcare webpages.
Please note, that when using microplates and foils, do use the recommended plates by GE as the height of the wells in some plates is wrong for the instrument and might lead to the damage of the needle. Also used foils may not contain glue on the well area to prevent the contamination of the needle with a glue.