The library’s customer service staff are not present during self-service hours. At the self-service library, you can borrow and return material, use the library terminals, work and study. You also have access to the University of Helsinki wireless network. User instructions for the devices and facilities are provided on the premises and on the library website.
- Kumpula Campus Library: Monday to Friday 8.00–10.00 and 17.00–18.00
- Meilahti Campus Library: Monday to Friday 8.00–10.00 and 17.00–20.00
- Viikki Campus Library: Monday to Friday 8.00–10.00 and 17.00–19.00
- Main Library in Kaisa House:
- Monday to Friday 8.00–10.00 and 19.00–20.00
- Sundays 11.00–17.00. Sundays only from 1 March to 3 May and from 12 September to 29 November, 2020.
During self-service hours you can borrow and return material using the self-service machines, collect arrived requests from the self-service shelf and use the library facilities and devices. Please note that in Meilahti returns are only registered during the next working day.
You can contact the staff through the library's telephone service. You can reach us by calling 02941 23920 during the opening hours of the Main Library.
In the Kaisa House, you can also use WhatsApp or the service phone on the third floor counter to contact the staff if you are having problems with the check-out or return machines.
During self-service hours you cannot pay fees at the customer service desk, get HUPnet accounts for the wireless network, collect interlibrary loans or keys for reserved storage mobile unit, use the ID Point identification service or receive any personal guidance.
Fees can be paid online via your Helka account. You can pay online using Visa, Visa Electron and MasterCard cards.