Library facilities and borrowing
- The Kaisa House, Viikki Pop-up Library, Aleksandria and Minerva are open throughout the summer, but the opening hours are shorter than usual. Campus Libraries at Kumpula and Meilahti are closed from June 21 to August 8. Check the opening hours on the library's website.
- Books from Kumpula and Meilahti have long loan periods. Loans from Kumpula and Meilahti will receive a due date on August 12.
- You can order books from the Kumpula and Meilahti collections to be picked up from the Kaisa House or Viikki by making a normal reservation for the book in the Helka database.
- As a rule students can’t get reference material from Meilahti or Kumpula. However, in case of an urgent need e.g. having to do with graduation it is possible to get material before August by contacting the library (email@example.com, tel. 02941 23920). All cases are assessed individually.
- Stacks and reading areas on the floors 3, 4, 6 and 7 of Kaisa House are out of use during the summer due to a sprinkler system repair work.
- Material from the closed stacks cannot be borrowed or reserved. There’s a notice in Helka database saying “Not available xx.xx-xx.xx".
- Group study rooms on the 4th floor anf the 6th floor are out of use in August. You'll see the availability of the group study rooms from the Office365 calendar.
- Group study rooms on the 4th floor are out of use in July. You'll see the availability of the group study rooms from the Office365 calendar.
- More information on the Sprinkler Renovation page.
- Remember safe visiting and follow the library's instructions also in the summer! Read more on the Summer in the Library -page.
Customer service during the summer
- Chat on the library website is available Mon-Fri 10-15.
- Phone service in the Main Library Kaisa House (02941 23920) is available Mon-Fri 8-18.
- The Main Library's customer service desk is open Mon-Fri 10-18.
- Customer service desks at the Campus Libraries are closed.
Questions and feedback can be set also through email or webform.
You can return books to the Main Library and Viikki. Outside the Kaisa House opening hours please use the return unit on Fabianinkatu. Books can be returned to the return boxes also in Kumpula and Meilahti throughout the summer.
- Note that the return boxes in Kumpula and Meilahti are emptied on Mondays and Thursdays. Your loans may not necessarily appear as returned immediately and fines will be collected if the loans are overdue.
On the Kumpula Campus the overnight return box is located at Physicum’s main entrance (Gustaf Hällströmin katu 2a), next to the gray side door.
On the Meilahti Campus, please use the return box at the lobby in Haartmaninkatu 3. The building is open Mon-Fri 7:45-15:30.