The event "Open Science Afternoon – Open Data Matters!" was held on 29th October 2021 at Think Corner and Online. The main speakers were Postdoctoral Researcher Antti Karkman (University of Helsinki) and Doctoral Candidate Matias Heino (Aalto University). The video Molecular Clusters was introduced by Ivo Neefjes from the University of Helsinki. The Helsinki University Open Science Award was also granted at Open Science Afternoon.
Read more on Think Open -blog.
The award was granted to two nominees
University Librarian Kimmo Tuominen and the Director of Luomus Aino Juslén, granted the award 2021 on behalf of the jury. The jury had decided to grant the award to two nominees, who both represent long-term grassroots work in enabling and promoting the use of valuable research data. The award was given to the Language Bank of Finland, and especially its Donate Speech data, and to research coordinator Kati Lassila-Perini’s work in utilising the open data of particle physics in research and education.
Read more about the award from the University of Helsinki news.
It was already 10th time the Helsinki University Library organized event during the International Open Access Week. From the year 2017 on, the event has been called "Open Science Afternoon". Also University of Helsinki Open Science Award was introduced for the first time in 2017.
- 2012: Opinnäytteiden avoin tallennus julkaisuarkistoon sekä digitointi- ja portaalihankkeet (Read more in Finnish)
- 2013: Open Access! Eteneekö tieteen tulosten avoin saatavuus? (more information in Finnish)
- 2014: Open Science – Impact and Research Funding (more information in Finnish)
- 2015: Open Science workshop 20.10.2015 (more information in wiki)
- 2016: Open Access Cafes
- 2017: Open Science Afternoon 2017
- 2018: Kuka omistaa julkaisusi? Avoimen tieteen iltapäivä (in Finnish)
- 2019: Avoimen tieteen iltapäivä: Datatuki 10 vuotta! (in Finnish)
- 2020: Oppimisen ja opetuksen avoimuutta rakennetaan yhteistyöllä -webinaari (summary in Think Open -blog)
- 2021: Open Science Afternoon – Open Data Matters (event news)