Information seeking and management for thesis writers
This online course is designed for students about to start working on their bachelor's or master's thesis. Participate in this online course whenever and wherever it fits into your schedule. The course area opens in Moodle on Wednesday 1st of September 2022 at noon, and the course is open until the end of the academic year. Students at the University of Helsinki register for the course in Sisu with the code LIB-200.
- Link to the course page: Information Seeking and Management for Thesis Writers
What changes in the course?
- As of 1 September 2022, the course Information Seeking and Management for Thesis Writers moves to University of Helsinki Moodle platform. Even though the platform changes, course contents remain the same. The University of Helsinki's mooc.helsinki.fi platform will be closed in 2022.
- The materials of the course can be visited at Moodle by anyone as a visitor. Those who sign as a visitor cannot complete the course or do assignments, but they can view course materials.
- Students and staff at other universities in Finland can do course assignments on their own when they log into Moodle with a haka login.
- If you are not a student at the University of Helsinki and want to log in to the course area, you can find more detailed registration instructions and a Moodle course key on the course page.
- Only students at the University of Helsinki can get the course registered as completed in Sisu.
See more information on the course.
Preliminary information: courses at the library
- Helka webinar in English. Link to course description
- Zotero in English. Link to course description
- Information seeking basics in English. Link to course description
More courses in Finnish and Swedish.
You can register for the upcoming courses via an online form. You can see the times in the dropdown menu of the e-form under Ilmoittautuminen / Anmälning / Registration.
Changes to dates are possible. Registration for the courses usually ends two days before the start of the course. Courses for which registration has ended or which are full will not appear in the dropdown menu of the e-form.
Guidance on information seeking
Have you already taken courses at the library but still need more help how to find sources? The students at the University of Helsinki have the opportunity for guidance on information seeking. See the instructions on how to book an appointment in a separate guide.
The Helsinki University Library regularly organizes courses on information seeking and reference management. Most of the courses are in Finnish but some courses are in English or Swedish as well. Students and staff at the University of Helsinki may participate in courses free of charge.
You can browse the library course selection at the Instructions for students.